Monday, February 8, 2010

What’s Better Than Betty White? The Answer: Nothing.

As some of you may know, I’m an 85 year old woman trapped in a bangin’ 24 year olds body, and I want Betty White to be my best friend.

Stop judging and hear me out.

What’s not to love about Betty White? She’s a sarcastic, witty, inappropriate old lady that enjoys raising hell.
SIGN ME UP.

My love affair with Betty began way back when I was a fetus. And by fetus, I mean a five year old. Her portrayal of Rose Nylund on Golden Girls set my heart aflutter and my soul a- laughter. My obsession was so strong, that my parents used to tell time in Golden Girls episodes. Seriously.


Baby Megan: Mom, how long until we get to grandma’s?

Mom: Hmmm, about two Golden Girls episodes.

Baby Megan: Okay, I’ll go thru the one where they get awwested and the one with Bob Hope.

Mom: Okay, freak.


Alright, my mom didn’t call me a freak… but that’s how it would go. I would then lie down in the backseat and think through two episodes of the Golden Girls, which was the equivalent of an hour in the Allen household.

So, as you can see, Betty White is timeless.


Anyway, the love affair has only grown since the days of the Golden Girls and St. Olaf. How can you not love a woman that has played beer pong with Jimmy Falon, felt up Sandra Bullock and “had” many of Hollywood’s leading men (her words not mine)? YOU CAN’T.

Needless to say, I squeeled with joy/delight/emotional-orgasm when I saw her grace my screen on Superbowl Sunday.
For those of you that didn’t get to see it, here it is: http://www.hulu.com/adzone/watch#50032761
… I’ll wait.
.....................
................................................

You better be laughing right now, or else just close out of this window and NEVER come back to my blog. EVER. You’re not welcome here, and Betty White is sick of your shit.



…now you should definitely be laughing.


…this post actually has not point/ending/moral. Basically, I just wanted to share my love for Betty with the world (world = my 4 readers).

OMG I just remembered something that only ADDS to her awesomeness. Rue Mclanahan (aka Blanche Devereux) recently had a stroke (that’s not the awesome part)… During her recovery, Betty White sent her a bouquet with a card that said “I hope you die, so I can be the last Golden Girl.”

I LOVE HER.



… I’m excited because two of my dreams are coming true:
1. The Golden Girls are back on the air, and I’m a recurring character.
2. Betty White is touching me.

2 comments:

  1. hahahha i love you (and betty white)....and i am definitly loving that golden girls is on from 9-5 every day nowww...i miss u!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG....at class on Wednesday, remind me to tell you about my friends and my obsession w/ the GG's.

    Holy crap, it's like we're the same person. I'm DYING.

    ReplyDelete